Two 4" bundles.
Studies have documented:
- White sage has antimicrobial properties keeping infectious bacteria, viruses, and fungi at bay.
- White sage is an important traditional remedy for treating anxiety, depression, and mood disorders in various cultures.
- White sage is rich in compounds that activate certain receptors in the brain. These receptors are responsible for elevating mood levels, reducing stress, and even alleviating pain.
- White sage contains thujone. Thujone is mildly psychoactive and found in many plants. It is commonly used in cultural spiritual rituals to enhance intuition.
- White sage contains compounds that can ease insomnia and promote better sleep.
If your sage is wound tightly, you may need to unwrap it and pull it gently apart for easier burning. The string is safe to burn along with the sage. Light your sage for about 15-30 seconds. Hold the flame to the tip and tilt your bundle to generate ember. Gently blow to maintain embers. Sage may naturally stop burning and require a relight. If necessary, use something to catch any ashes that may fall. They will be very few, if any. Begin in any room or area and move your sage around the room high and low, side to side. Repeat in all rooms and then extinguish your sage. Always smudge with caution. :)